Digital Content Producer
This was removed by the employer on 10/13/2023 9:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Podcast Category
Search for Digital Content Producer jobs in Southfield-MI
Search all Digital Content Producer postings
Full Time Job
Are you a sports news fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending digital content?
Audacy Detroit is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Digital Content Producer to join our team.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter and resourceful writer who has a way with words and the ability to ignite conversations in everything from traditional sports to the intersection of sports and culture. You have a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual local fans will engage with, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and multiple content management systems don’t scare you.
You are passionate about sports news and driven to build traffic and audience with unique content marketing. You have a proven track record of growing digital audiences and engagement on websites and social platforms. You are on top of all of the latest local sports news, including identifying social/Google trends and breaking news stories, and are constantly looking for engaging content that is a fit for the brand.
What You'll Do:
• Produce, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across all station platforms, focusing on owned and operated properties like web/app/social
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for search
• Write in a style that is appealing for specific audiences (die-hard vs. casual sports news) -- extensive knowledge of the local sports and sports-culture landscape required
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement, while supporting station and sales needs, when needed
• Help to plan and execute push alert and newsletter sends for top station & podcast content
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and Sprout, and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to promote the content you create, getting it in front of new audiences, including partner sites
• Use editorial sense through content and social to convert readers to digital listeners
• Strong communication with local show producers to identify show highlights, big-name guests, and breaking news to turn around content immediately--owning local news as opposed to being scooped.
• Work closely with Brand Manager as primary contact on local sports interviews and opportunities
• Be an effective communicator (beyond email), and possess the ability to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment with all levels of the local/central organization
• Help Managing Editor with critical duties such as building communication bridges across the local station network, establishing and sticking to brand/voice, and innovating new content ideas
• Work with Ad Sales team on occasion on creation of content for sponsorship packages
• Other duties as assigned
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required
• A minimum of 3-5 years of digital content creation experience (minimum of 1 year people-managing)
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn’t stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all local sports content, ranging from straight news to passionate opinion and topical/evergreen lists
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Deep-rooted knowledge of a variety of popular sports, with a focus on football, baseball, hockey and basketball
• Audio/video editing experience is a must
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD; OTC: AUDA) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp), X (@AudacyCorp), LinkedIn (@Audacy-Inc), Instagram (@lifeataudacy) and Threads (@Audacy_Corp).