Digital Content Producer
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
New York City's top all-news radio stations, 1010 WINS on 92.3 FM and WCBS 880, seek a talented journalist with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This individual will contribute to growing our audiences across all platforms. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
The anticipated starting salary range for New York, NY-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $50,000/Yr-$50,000/Yr.
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
• Develop story ideas, report, research and write articles
• Respond to breaking news and actively monitor sources of breaking news (Dataminr, social media, AP, internal news desks communications, broadcast etc.)
• Collaborate with broadcast staff to advance and tailor stories and other content for digital
• Publish articles, audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the website, apps, and social media
• Ensure all articles comply with AP style and are SEO-friendly
• Ensure stories have appropriate elements (photo, audio, video, social embeds)
• Post to social media accounts, compose push notifications and newsletters
• Use real-time data in Google Analytics to drive editorial/story decisions
• THIS POSITION INCLUDES SATURDAY AND SATURDAY. (Schedule will either be Wednesday - Sunday or Saturday - Wednesday)
• Bachelor's degree, journalism preferred
• 2-3 years journalism experience
• Outstanding news judgment, and strong reporting, writing and editing skills
• Ability to work under deadline pressure independently or in a team environment
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Ability to edit other writers' work for clarity and accuracy
• Command of best practices on all social media platforms
• Understands web and social analytics and how to interpret data
• Thorough knowledge of the political and cultural landscapes of New York City and its surrounding areas
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital media
• Ability to evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Experience using Canva, Headliner or other comparable photo and audio editing software
• Experience using Dataminr, AP Newsroom, Getty Images, Sprout Social and content management systems
Candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and take an edit test.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).