Digital Content Producer
Full Time Job
Are you a news, sports and entertainment news fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending, local digital content?
Audacy Pittsburgh is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Part Time Content Producer to join our growing digital team.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter and resourceful producer who has strong writing skills, and the ability to ignite conversations in everything from pop culture to sports to politics. You have a sharp instinct of what readers will engage with and are on top of breaking news, human interest, viral, lifestyle, and entertainment stories, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and closely follow social/Google trends. This is a part-time position.
What You'll Do:
• Local is the core of everything that we do! Understanding Western Pennsylvania, the communities that comprise it, and topics of maximum interest and excitement to the people who live here is essential.
• Write, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across all station platforms, focusing on owned and operated properties like web/app/social, working closely with Sr. Content Producers
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for search
• Write in a style that is appealing for a specific audiences (die-hard vs. casual/pop culture news) -- extensive knowledge of the local news landscape required
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement, while supporting station and sales needs, when needed
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Track content and campaigns that are driving traffic
• Strong communication with local show producers to identify show highlights, big-name guests, and breaking news to turn around content immediately--owning local news as opposed to being scooped
• Be an effective communicator (beyond email), and possess the ability to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment with all levels of the local/central organization
• Other duties as assigned
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Minimum of 1-3 years of digital content creation experience
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (news doesn’t stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing entertainment news and trending / viral news content
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Audio/video editing experience is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required; working knowledge of Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr are a plus, as well as experience with using/navigate a Content Management System
• The responsibilities, duties and skills listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
• A motor vehicle background will be required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).