Digital Content Producer
Full Time Job
Digital Content Producer, Hip Hop / R&B Lead
Are you a music fan, tapped into the latest music news, lifestyle trends and pop culture? Audacy is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Content Producer to join our growing team.
Our music editorial team is looking for a writer to add to the Hip Hop/R&B music coverage and beyond across our network of sites, and is in search of someone who is immersed in the culture of Hip Hop/R&B, is on top of what’s trending, and offers a unique perspective when it comes to storytelling. Our team needs a strong voice from someone who is constantly consuming content and discovering music, and is ready to write about it.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter and resourceful writer who has a way with words and the ability to ignite conversations around the latest music news and moments. Your work inspires readers to take the next step and listen, diving deeper into the music, interviews, and podcasts that make Audacy such a special place. You have a sharp instinct of what readers will engage with, are able to jump genres, and see stories beyond just the latest song and album releases, but also around human interest, viral, and lifestyle angles. You know that your words are a perfect path to experience every corner of Audacy’s audio offerings, and pack the power to make readers listen longer. You balance it all with a commitment to content analytics and thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment.
What You'll Do:
• Write, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across all station platforms, focusing on owned and operated properties like web/app/social
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for search and a push to listen
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement, while supporting station and sales needs, when needed
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Track content that’s driving traffic and listening, knowing how to maximize audience and engagement
• Strong communication with local stations and format leadership to identify big-name guests, breaking news, and unique opportunities
• Ability to interview artists, researching the right questions to create compelling content
• Be an effective communicator (beyond email), and possess the ability to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment with all levels of the local/central organization
• Other duties as assigned
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required
• A minimum of 1-3 years of digital content creation experience
• A passion for music and general knowledge of the artists, performers and events
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (news doesn’t stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all music content, ranging from album and song releases to topical/evergreen lists
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Audio editing experience is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include Google Analytics and Slack, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
• The responsibilities, duties and skills listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.