Digital Content Producer
Full Time Job
Are you a news, sports and entertainment news fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending, local digital content?
Audacy Pittsburgh is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Content Producer to join our growing digital team.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter and resourceful producer who has strong writing skills, and the ability to ignite conversations in everything from pop culture to sports to politics. You have a sharp instinct of what readers will engage with and are on top of breaking news, human interest, viral, lifestyle, and entertainment stories, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and closely follow social/Google trends.
What You'll Do:
• Local is the core of everything that we do! Understanding Western Pennsylvania, the communities that comprise it, and topics of maximum interest and excitement to the people who live here is essential.
• Write, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across all station platforms, focusing on owned and operated properties like web/app/social, working closely with Sr. Content Producers
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for search
• Write in a style that is appealing for a specific audiences (die-hard vs. casual/pop culture news) -- extensive knowledge of the local news landscape required
• Create content that drives audience growth and engagement, while supporting station and sales needs, when needed
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive audience growth
• Track content and campaigns that are driving traffic
• Strong communication with local show producers to identify show highlights, big-name guests, and breaking news to turn around content immediately--owning local news as opposed to being scooped
• Be an effective communicator (beyond email), and possess the ability to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment with all levels of the local/central organization
• Other duties as assigned
More About You:
Required and Preferred:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Minimum of 1-3 years of digital content creation experience
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (news doesn’t stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing entertainment news and trending / viral news content
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Audio/video editing experience is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required; working knowledge of Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr are a plus, as well as experience with using/navigate a Content Management System
• The responsibilities, duties and skills listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.