Digital Audience Engagement Editor, Kyw Newsradio
This was removed by the employer on 1/9/2023 3:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Podcast Category
Search for Digital Audience Engagement Editor, Kyw Newsradio jobs in Philadelphia-PA
Search all Digital Audience Engagement Editor, Kyw Newsradio postings
Full Time Job
KYW Newsradio is launching an exciting transformation of its digital news operation and is seeking talented digital journalists with strong news judgment and news-gathering skills, as well as a passion for local news and audio storytelling. This team will work to distribute and market digital media content and grow our audience across all platforms, from podcasts to mobile web to social media to smart speakers. This is an opportunity to join an award-winning news operation that has built a large loyal listening audience over many years and now seeks to extend its reach by creating and distributing an array of new digital content.
• Collaborate with KYW Newsradio’s audio news team, original podcast team, and digital journalists to package and promote multi-platform content to the widest possible audience
• Develop and execute strategies to leverage KYW Newsradio’s original journalism for audience growth on all platforms.
• Develop story ideas, report, research and write articles
• Produce and edit short videos based on KYW Newsradio reporting
• Respond to breaking news and actively monitor sources of breaking news (Dataminr, Twitter, AP, etc.)
• Collaborate with broadcast staff to advance and tailor stories and other content for digital
• Assist podcast team with production, distribution, and promotion of long-form audio content
• Publish articles, audio stories, podcasts and short videos on all digital platforms
• Write and edit headlines and text to position content for maximum engagement on the mobile web, apps, and social media
• Ensure all articles comply with AP style and are SEO-friendly
• Ensure stories have appropriate elements (photo, audio, video, social embeds)
• Post to social media accounts, compose push notifications and newsletters
• Use real-time data in Google Analytics and Chartbeat to drive editorial/story decisions
• Brainstorm and execute innovative new social strategies, test new platforms, and expand social monetization opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years of experience producing, editing, and distributing digital news content
• Outstanding news judgment, ability to work under deadline pressure
• Exceptional writing and reporting skills
• Experience with content management/online publishing systems
• Ability to edit other writers’ work for clarity and accuracy
• Command of best practices on all social media platforms
• Understands web and social analytics and how to interpret data Desired Characteristics:
• Passion for local news, podcasts, and digital media
• Ability to evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while under deadline pressure
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to experiment and innovate
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Audition, or other comparable photo and audio editing software Candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and may be asked to take an edit test.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.