Detroit - WWJ Reporter
Full Time Job
WWJ Newsradio 950 in Detroit is looking for a full time reporter with high energy and great story-tellling qualities.
What You'll Do
• Develop and produce news reports
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content
• Collaborate with newsroom staff
• Report within live coverage of breaking news and special coverage
• Interview newsmakers
• Host special long-form news specials focused on a variety of topics
• Connect with listeners on social and digital platforms to promote brand
• Contribute content on social and digital platforms, including audio, video, and text
Required and Preferred:
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
• This person should be able to go on air in a moments notice and handle the deadline pressures during the shift.
• This job includes coverage of breaking news, as well as stories focused on neighborhoods, city hall, and other parts of Detroit and Michigan.
• Strong writing and creative use of sounds are a must.
• We are looking for a reporter with strong social media skills and engagement to amplify your work.
• You must be able to collaborate and come to the table with enterprise story ideas.
• You must be technically skilled for audio delivery and editing.
• You must also be able to navigate the Detroit and Metro Detroit area.
• This is an extremely high-energy position that will require you to develop and maintain news sources.
• The reporting work will involve tight deadlines and a mix of live and recorded reports each day.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.