AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WCBS 880 is looking for motivated individuals for part-time opportunities as Desk Assistants. The job of a Desk Assistant is to aid the entire WCBS-AM staff in accomplishing the station's mission of putting out a compelling news product. WCBS needs a candidate who can multi-task and handle numerous responsibilities vital to a newsroom's day-to-day operation.
The anticipated starting salary range for New York, NY-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $17.02/Hr-$19.72/Hr.
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and location of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
What you will do:
• The candidate will answer phones and make calls professionally to local government agencies, politicians, and other news professionals.
• Desk Assistants will provide reporters and staff with information and research and edit numerous sources of sound. These sources include reporter pieces, interviews, and news events.
• Candidates must know how to conduct an interview and isolate audio news cuts from that interview.
• Desk Assistants may also be assigned several station tasks that are expected to be completed in a timely fashion.
• A strong familiarity with Tri-State area news and a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest developments is essential for success in this role.
This individual will work closely with the Brand Manager and other News Managers. The successful candidate will be required to understand the WCBS 880 Brand and all aspects of the news
product that we deliver.
• Successful candidates must have a passion for local news and must be interested in learning how to identify and tell compelling stories
• Must be a polished professional with excellent communication skills and phone skills
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Experience in audio editing
• Excellent writing and interviewing skills
• Bachelor’s Degree required; communications/journalism preferred
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD; OTC: AUDA) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp), X (@AudacyCorp), LinkedIn (@Audacy-Inc), Instagram (@lifeataudacy) and Threads (@Audacy_Corp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.