AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Desk Assistant (WCBS-AM)
WCBS 880 is looking for motivated individuals for PART TIME opportunities as newsroom Desk Assistants.
What You'll Do:
• The job of a Desk Assistant is to assist the WCBS 880 news operation in all aspects of delivering news and information to the tristate region.
• We’re looking for candidates who are digitally savvy, can multi-task in a fast paced work environment, and can demonstrate a passion for news and telling compelling news stories.
• Desk Assistants handle the phones, speaking to reporters, listeners, news sources and newsmakers.
• Desk assistants also help support reporters, writers, and producers with news research, recording audio events, recording audio interviews, editing audio, and uploading content.
• Desk Assistants also work with news management on long form coverage, special projects.
More About You:
Required and Preferred:
• Successful candidates must have a passion for local news and must be interested in learning how to identify and tell compelling stories
• Must be a polished professional with excellent communication skills and phone skills
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Experience in audio editing
• Excellent writing and interviewing skills Bachelor’s Degree required; communications/journalism preferred
• Successful candidates will be expected to have a skill for working under pressure with attention to detail in a deadline environment
• Successful candidates will be required to understand the WCBS 880 brand and all aspects of the news product that we deliver
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.