Content Strategist - App and Web
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Audacy is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Content Strategist who has the drive to grow an audience on our platform, focusing on our platform (app and web experience).
The ideal candidate has experience strategizing and executing the app experience to target a specific audience.
This opportunity is available in NY, Philadelphia, or LA. (Hybrid on-site and remote.)
What You'll Do:
Working directly with our Digital Managing Editor, you have a strong interest in formulating content strategy, digesting data, gauging audience growth potential, and finding ways to align our content with those audiences, working with UX and product to create better user experiences and build brand association on a broader scale. You will program daily experiences for our users on our platform by featuring the content you know will resonate.
Working closely with the editorial team, marketing, and product teams, you help drive core KPIs, including increasing audio MAUs and Total Listening Hours (TLH) by promoting exclusive interviews and events, helping create content strategies for tentpole events, corporate initiatives and new product launches on our platform. You help promote Audacy exclusives by working with the editorial, programming, and content promotions teams to get audio and articles to be used and promoted on our platform. And you develop strong relationships with local stations so that they’re coming to you first with any exclusive content to be promoted.
• Working hand-in-hand with editorial and marketing teams to feature content regularly on our platform, updating carousels, building seasonal promotions and landing pages, making content changes based on what’s happening across our org (marketing, and editorial across news, sports, music, podcasts, events and Exclusive Stations)
• Use Braze to target content to specific segments - new users, returning users, news/music/sports listeners, et al - to drive engagement and listening
• Manage product design graphics updates and promotional/marketing design requests
• Create monthly report on how users are interacting with platform content, and make recommendations for how to optimize
• Build strong relationships with format captains, legal, programming to manage the artist-hosted station coordination
• Work with the mobile product team, UX research, and product design to review data, track bugs and request platform user enhancements
• Work with acquisition marketing to strategize app content placements and landing pages for things like NBA playoffs, NFL Draft, the launch of stations/networks, BetQL network, our new podcast launches, etc.
• Work with Programming to obtain station programming data needed for sports/league-specific broadcasting rights with our O&O stations and affiliates, game schedules, shows schedules and finding opportunities to send timely push notifications to increase listening.
• Support tentpole programming events with special on-air programming
• Other duties as assigned
More About You:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• App experience a MUST HAVE!
• Minimum of 3-5 years of digital content creation experience, preferably in breaking news environment
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed and stepping in to cover breaking news (news doesn’t stop at 5 PM!)
• Assist Managing Editor of News with critical duties such as building communication bridges across the local station network, establishing and sticking to brand/voice, innovating new content ideas
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of Braze, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
• The responsibilities, duties and skills listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
Audacy is an integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 10,000 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. Audacy offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
Audacy, Inc. is a leading media and entertainment company, and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.