Chief Revenue Officer
Full Time Job
As Audacy launches its new brand and identity as a scaled multi-platform audio content and entertainment/media leader, they are seeking to bring on a new Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to drive this growth and expansion, especially in the digital arena. The Chief Revenue Officer will report to Susan Larkin, the COO, and will be a key member of the executive team, owning $1.2B in revenue. The CRO will lead all aspects of revenue generation across corporate, regional and local levels and develop fully integrated, multiplatform sales solutions and breakthrough strategies to attract new revenue streams. They will oversee the national partnerships, national sales, digital, and sales enablement teams. The Regional Presidents (and their respective local sales teams) report up through the COO.
This executive must be an agent of change, charged with the continuous development and upgrading of the organization as its needs and aspirations change within the dynamic audio and digital landscape. They will develop the long term commercial strategy including innovation, corporate development and diversification, advising on deals and content investment, building new revenue streams, digital growth and developing investment ideas. They will build strong relationships with partners, advertisers, and platforms and close key deals.
This leader will be based in New York City or Philadelphia.
This leader must possess a winning, competitive spirit (in terms of driving business) and have the ability to collaborate with cross-functional groups across the organization, including the Chief Digital Officer and Regional Presidents. They will bring a natural gravitas, resiliency and energy and will have a proven track record of growing revenues ($1B ) and commercial leadership in a media or content driven environment. Commercial relationships and negotiations are an important element of the role and the candidate should demonstrate a strong track record in strategic deal making and judgement.
Innovative thinking is a necessary requirement in this role, particularly as the audio landscape continues to evolve. The ideal candidate will have experience within the Broadcast industry and be a future-thinking, strategically agile, and creative leader. Digital acumen is critical. They will be a visionary who thinks long term and anticipates industry changes. It follows the ideal candidate will be able to bring together a complex business to successfully execute on strategic options that drive innovation and competitive advantage.
This leader will bring a proven track record of establishing clear direction for the team and translating strategies into specific plans. They will unlock hidden value in the business by capitalizing on key business drivers, consumer trends and insights. This leader will prioritize and allocate resources to balance short-term business pressures, while keeping a firm eye on strategic growth strategies, new revenue streams, and long-term goals.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- The ability to create and articulate an inspiring vision for the organization, not only for the areas they are directly responsible for, but the enterprise as a whole.
- The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
- The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful.
Executing for Results
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- A risk-taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee possible threats or unintended circumstances from decisions; someone who takes smart risks.
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in their approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others.
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges, and exhibit a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards, which commands respect from followers.
- A leader who is self-reflective and aware of their own limitations; leads by example and drives the organization's performance with an attitude of continuous improvement by being open to feedback and self-improvement.
Relationships and Influence
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in their beliefs, and active drive.
- Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team.
- Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership beyond their own personality and engages others to the greater purpose for the organization as a whole.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month,