Chief Engineer / Director Of Technical Operations
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Audacy New York seeks a talented and energetic individual to serve as Chief Engineer / Director of Technical Operations for our eight local radio stations (both AM and FM), as well as have technical oversight of our national sports radio network, performance space and transmitting facilities at the Empire State Building as well as 50KW AM facilities in the Bronx and New Jersey.
What You'll Do:
• Plan & develop all aspects of radio technical facilities, including telephone, satellite, STL, two-way systems and vehicles, computers and networks
• Select, install and maintain high-power transmitters and all associated equipment; modify and document all broadcast circuitry
• Purchase studio equipment; maintain mixing consoles and all associated in-studio equipment
• Handle telco problems and service calls; order services. Work with technicians to troubleshoot circuits; cross connect in-house circuits.
• Keep record of telephone circuits; maintain ISDN and broadcast loops
• Review logs weekly for correct and complete entries and EAS tests and tower lighting requirements
• Generator testing, fueling and supervision of maintenance.
• UPS testing and supervision of maintenance
• Supervise Broadcast Engineers and Technicians
• Create instructional materials and teach proper use of technical equipment
• Effectively communicate and partner with programming staff as well as outside partners, including New York professional sports teams operations
• Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
• Minimum seven years broadcast engineering experience Hands-on FM, HD, AM transmitter experience as well as both Directional and Non-directional Antenna AM experience Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna’s, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• A knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations Must have at least four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent work experience
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required
• SBE or other relevant Certifications / Licenses is a plus
• The candidate must have strong verbal and writing communications skills, as well as strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
• Experience in project planning, management and execution.
• IT & Network knowledge and experience required as well as experience with digital audio and audio streaming.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.