Broadcast Engineer / On-Location Broadcast Lead
This was removed by the employer on 10/8/2021 7:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Broadcast Engineer / On-Location Broadcast Lead jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Broadcast Engineer / On-Location Broadcast Lead postings
Full Time Job
Audacy Houston is looking for a talented and energetic Broadcast Engineer / On-Location Broadcast Lead. This position will report to the Director of Technical Operations, based in Houston. You must be a ''self-starter'' able to work independently and fulfill responsibilities without constant supervision, with a proven track record of excellent customer service and communication skills.
What You'll Do:
• Coordinate and direct all out of studio broadcasts, including those for our sports franchise partners
• Serve as the on-location, game day technical producer for all sports franchise broadcasts, including those that are out of market
• Supervise other technical department personnel for successful on-site broadcasts
• Assist in maintenance of all on-air and on-line products, including high power FM, HD, AM directional antenna systems, digital audio & audio streaming
• Assist with installation of broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems
More about You:
Required and Preferred:
• Availability to work various hours / days, including weekends and some holidays
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
• Must have a valid driver’s license and if a personal vehicle is required, insurance
• Substantial travel is required, some international
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance with associates degree in electronics preferred, or minimum of two years full time hands on experience, including hands-on support of FM/AM radio transmitters including HD, and modern studio equipment at a radio station
• Familiarity with high voltage, generators, satellite downlink facilities and receivers
• Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna’s, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Experience with modern digital audio systems including Wide Orbit, VoxPro, Axia Livewire and Dante AoIP is highly desirable
• Knowledge of computers and IT & Network systems
• Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations
• Experience in project planning, management and execution
• Experience with Computer based audio storage and playout systems - WOAFR and VoxPro preferred
• Experience with digital audio and audio streaming
• Strong verbal and writing communication skills; excellent customer service are critical
• Proven time management skills including the ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
• Experience in project planning, management and execution
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, grasp objects and work in a physically active setting
• Availability to work various hours / days, including weekends
• FCC General Class License or SBE Certifications are a plus
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance is required
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as two or more weeks following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose series, or two or more weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; climb ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work in a physically active setting. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.