Audacy Fellowship: Social Media Fellow
AudacyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/5/2022 6:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Audacy Fellowship: Social Media Fellow jobs in New York-NY
Search all Audacy Fellowship: Social Media Fellow postings
Full Time Job
Audacy’s Social Media Fellowship is a year-long program for social media junkies that are interested in audio content across music, sports, entertainment, and podcasts. Audacy’s social team is looking for someone who’s highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented to join our team in New York, reporting to the Sr. Director, Social Content & Strategy. You will be involved with every aspect of social media to promote engaging audio content across Audacy’s social media handles, while also learning other areas of digital including, but not limited to: app marketing, email marketing, SEO, editorial, and events promotion. You have a sharp instinct of the right audience and what followers will engage with, while balancing it all with a commitment to analytics to thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment.
This opportunity is based in New York.
What You'll Do:
• Create, produce, and optimize content for use across Audacy’s direct-to-consumer social platforms
• Help grow the brand's social media followers and identify engaging audio moments to increase listening on the Audacy app across all verticals and podcasts
• Brainstorm and execute innovative new social strategies, test new platforms, and expand social monetization opportunities
• Keep abreast of relevant trending content on a daily basis and report back to the team
• Provide community management by engaging and responding to followers in real time, joining trending conversations, and commenting on social content from relevant accounts
• Respond to breaking news and actively monitor sources of breaking news via Dataminr, Twitter, CrowdTangle, internal communications, etc.
• Live tweet/post during various music and sports tentpoles
• Report on and understand data on social media platforms and tools to drive strategy
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of social networking platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
• Enthusiasm for social trends and a love of pop culture
• Values speed and understands the urgency of real-time promotion
• Impeccable grammar, spelling and attention to detail
• Must be a recent graduate of either an undergraduate or relevant advanced degree program; within 2 years of graduation date preferred
• Journalism or creative writing degree preferred
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Previous hands on experience in a newsroom, preferred, or a desired interest in: audio editing, storytelling, writing
• Previous social media, podcasting experience, preferred
• Seeking individuals from underrepresented groups, as well as other persons who can demonstrate a commitment to actively participating in our DEI priorities as we work together to build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
• The ideal Fellow is a motivated, fearless, curious, inquisitive, critical thinker, and passionate individual ready to dive in and start pursing their career in the audio and entertainment industry
• Complete online application with resume
• Submit two out of three letters of recommendation from the following sources: academic, professional, or personal
• Depending on the fellowship, there may be additional application materials required.
Pursuant to NYC's Vaccination Workplace Requirement, employers may not allow any unvaccinated workers to work at their workplace. Therefore, we require all incoming employees who will be working in our New York City offices to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.