Associate Producer Of Branded Podcasts
AudacyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Associate Producer will work primarily on interview and conversation-based series that Pineapple Street Studios develops in partnership with leading brands. While these shows have a variety of voices, genres, and formats, they are rooted in audience curiosity and bloom into compelling audio. Examples of previous shows include Going Through It (Mailchimp), Trained (Nike) and The Invisible Seam (Tommy Hilfiger).
All our work is highly collaborative, and AP’s are responsible for everything from prepping interviews and cutting tape, to booking guests and managing our guest releases. Associate Producers who excel at Pineapple are organized and ambitious — someone wanting to learn the ins-and-outs of larger projects, who understands the work it takes to get from good to great.
What You'll Do:
• Researches stories, subjects and archival material for serialized narrative and conversation-based shows; takes on one-off research assignments and sees them through
• Manages interview logistics from start to finish: writes booking emails, coordinates recordings (tape syncs, studios, Zoom recordings), uploads, labels, and logs tape.
• Conducts pre-interviews
• Works with hosts, producers, senior producers, and editors to structure interview questions and episode outlines; writes initial prep doc for producers to review
• Writes initial prep doc for producers to review
• Quickly assembles and cuts drafts of two-way interviews
• Manages clip and music licensing
• An active participant and listener in shaping shows
• Incorporates feedback from producers in all aspects of production
• Brainstorms show concepts that convey a brand’s values and priorities
Who You are:
• Passionate interest in the podcast industry and a demonstrated eagerness to learn and expand upon skills
• Creative thinker interested in helping brands develop their podcast strategy
• Ability to be attentive to a brand’s values and goals
• Detail-oriented and thoughtful approach to all tasks
• Excellent organizational skills
• A proven track record of meeting deadlines consistently and providing status updates
• An ability to ask clarifying questions on tasks up front to minimize redoing work
• Adept at identifying and communicating schedule conflicts as soon as possible
• Confidence to balance working on multiple shows at once and adapt well to different producers’ production styles
• 1 to 2 years experience in audio production (narrative not required, internships count)
• Comfortable in audio editing software (Pro Tools or Hindenburg preferred)
• Ability to work collaboratively, with multiple people of different opinions, backgrounds and experiences
• Enthusiastic about creating an equitable workplace
Pursuant to NYC's Vaccination Workplace Requirement, employers may not allow any unvaccinated workers to work at their workplace. Therefore, we require all incoming employees who will be working in our New York City offices to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).