Full Time Job
Audacy Chicago is seeking a part-time assistant producer for WBBM Newsradio.
What You'll Do:
• Primary duties involve taking and editing audio from multiple sources including reporters, weather feeds, and network audio feeds.
• AP's will place phone calls to check on news stories, and use internet and other sources to follow up or gain insight for use in news stories.
• Additionally, answer telephones in a polite and helpful fashion.
• Recognize the urgency of telephone calls (immediate, routine, can wait)
• Answer listener questions, which may require determination and ingenuity
• Screen calls from public relations firms, take messages for reporters
• Refer complaints to management; take in detailed news tips and forward immediately to the desk
• Call back people you have offered to help
• Perform work on very short deadlines with attention to detail
• Prioritize high volume of work, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Other duties as assigned by management
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A college degree, with a concentration in broadcast journalism is preferred.
• Hands-on internships or experience at a college radio station is required.
• Must be familiar with digital audio editing techniques.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must follow news on a regular basis, have a working knowledge of the basic facts of topical news stories and demonstrate 'news judgment'.
• Assistant producers must be familiar with digital audio editing techniques.
• Must be familiar with basic technical standards including level noise and clarity of sound.
• Must be able to write clearly and juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Assistant producers take much of their direction from the editor on the desk, who helps determine priorities for audio to be used on the air.
• Assistant producers work closely with editors, writers, reporters and anchors.
• When answering the phone, assistant producers represent the radio station to listeners and callers, and must project a professional and unhurried image to callers.
• There is no remote option for this position.
• A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of the applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD; OTC: AUDA) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp), X (@AudacyCorp), LinkedIn (@Audacy-Inc), Instagram (@lifeataudacy) and Threads (@Audacy_Corp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.