Part Time Job
Audacy Chicago is seeking a part time assistant producer for WBBM-AM.
• Primary duty is taking and editing audio from multiple sources including reporters, weather feeds and network audio feeds.
• AP's will place phone calls to check on news stories, to use internet and other sources to follow up or gain insight for use in reporting news stories.
• Additionally, answer telephones in a polite and helpful fashion.
• Recognize the urgency of telephone calls (immediate, routine, can wait)
• Answer listener questions, which may rerquire determination and ingenuity
• Screen calls from public relations firms, take messages for reporters
• Refer complaints to management; take in detailed news tips and forward immediately to the desk
• Call back people you have offered to help
• Perform work on very short deadlies with attention to detail
• Prioritize high volume of work, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A college degree, with a concentration in broadcast journalism is preferred.
• Hands-on internships or experience at a college radio station is required.
• Must be familiar with digital audio editing techniques.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must follow news on a regular basis, have a working knowledge of the basic facts of topical news stories and demonstrate 'news judgement'.
• Assistant producers must be familiar with digital audio editing techniques.
• Must be familiar with basic technical standards including level noise and clarity of sound.
• Must be able to write clearly and juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Assistant producers take much of their direction from the editor on the desk, who helps determine priorities for audio to be used on the air.
• Assistant producers work closely with editors, writers, reporters and anchors.
• When answering the phone, assistant producers represent the radio station to listeners and callers, and a must project a professional and unhurried image to callers.
DECISION-MAKING FOR RESULTS:
• The work of the assistant producers is highly structured and subject to constant review.
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.