Assistant Chief Engineer
Full Time Job
Audacy Richmond is looking for a talented and energetic Assistant Chief Engineer for our radio stations. If you possess the following skills and experiences, then please contact us to discuss this opportunity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
• Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including FM, HD and AM transmissions, digital audio & audio streaming
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks.
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems.
• Fix and/or facilitate building maintenance.
• Coordinate with third party vendors.
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance, including hands-on support of FM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station.
• Basic knowledge of computers and IT systems is a must, including proficiency with Google, (GMail, Doc’s Sheets, Slides) * Experience with modern digital audio systems including Wide Orbit, Vox Pro and Livewire is highly desirable.
• SBE Certification is preferred *
• Strong proven skills including ability to multitask in a multiple-project environment.
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays.
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills are critical,with knowledge of remote repairs on computers via Zoom or other remote software.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires the use of the applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance is required
• Ability to do component level troubleshooting .
• Associate’s degree in electronics preferred.
• Familiarity with high voltage, RF exposure and safety, generators and backup power systems, satellite downlink facilities and receivers .
• Knowledge of FCC Rules and Regulations.
• Experience in project planning, management and execution.
• Strong verbal and writing communication skills; excellent customer service are critical.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.