Full Time Job
The GL, Accounting Manager is responsible for managing various enterprise-wide financial activities including sub general ledger accounting, monthly market accounting activities, and other accounting functions. Reporting to the Director, GL Governance, this position is newly created and will work to ensure governance with accounting activities throughout the company nationally. This individual will work to improve efficiencies and standardize processes and drives effective coordination with internal and external business partners to ensure processes are meeting the needs of the business. The role is also responsible for ensuring an effective internal control environment. The Accounting Manager works with all levels of management and staff of the Company to accomplish the aforementioned and provide the appropriate service levels in all areas. The ability to successfully handle multiple responsibilities and respond positively to demanding situations is essential to this position.
What You'll Do:
• Support in managing all aspects of the company’s General Ledger process is compliant to corporate accounting policies.
• The Accounting Manager will manage the overall accounting activities of the various markets; this includes account reconciliations, reviewing journal entries, and continually improve the standard close process.
• Responsible for other general financial accounting, reporting and analysis supporting the Shared Financial Services function. Performs routine financial analyses, period-end financial cycle closings, and preparation of periodic reporting.
• Drive effective coordination with internal and external business partners to ensure accounts receivables, accounts payable and other accounting processes are meeting the needs of the business
• Evaluate overall process based on technology available and identify weaknesses and areas of improvement. Offer solutions utilizing technology enablers.
• Support the GL Director in the management of Business Process Outsource (BPO) provider relationship, including training of support team and monitoring of service level agreement metrics
More About You:
Required & Preferred:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Understanding and knowledge of US GAAP
• 6 years of accounting or finance experience. Management experience required.
• Experience interfacing with internal/external customers, must have strong communication skills
• Experience in process improvement activities and the financial reporting close process
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite applications, with high degree of proficiency in Excel
• Accuracy and Attention Detail; Self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Experience working in shared service environment, preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, preferred
• CPA preferred
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them.