Staff Accountant Box Office
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
The Company is looking for a detail-driven individual to join its team as a Box Office Staff Accountant. The position is responsible for all accounting and administrative duties related to ticket sales for both concerts and sporting events. This includes, but is not limited to, reconciling the general ledger accounts, preparing/recording journal entries, and processing accounts payable. This position works directly with all departments and is a key contributor in keeping financial processes running smoothly and efficiently.
• Review and Approve Accounts Payable (API online system) for assigned departments
• Analyze and record revenue and expenses related to event revenue, including but not limited to ticket sales, promoter cash, and party rentals
• Reconcile Ticketmaster reports to the general ledger related to sales and rebates, preparing monthly entries as needed related to ticket sales
• Participate in the Month-End Close Process and perform general accounting functions, such as proposing journal entries, generating general ledger reports, preparing balance sheet reconciliations for assigned areas
• Assist with external and league audits, preparing audit schedules as needed
• Associates degree in Accounting and one year of applicable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates with bank teller and/or cash handling experience will be strongly considered.
• Must be good with systems and excel
• Experience with Great Plains, Ticketmaster Archtics, and Ticketmaster Host, a plus
• Other required attributes include: excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; excellent analytical skills; organizational skills; team player; ability to work overtime as needed
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game and entertaining our fans in and out of the arena. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create awesomeness. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are an entertaining group that strives to do things a little differently and stand out.