Sr. Director, Talent and Organizational Effectiveness
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Sr. Director, Talent and Organizational Effectiveness will partner with senior leaders to understand business and talent priorities, assess industry trends and create a company-wide talent strategy which will include: Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Change Management, Performance Management, Culture and Organizational Development.
As the Senior Director of Talent and Organizational Effectiveness, you will be responsible for partnering with Talent Development, HR Shared Services, as well as key business leaders to:
Analyze and translate the Atlanta Hawks strategic objectives into people priorities while driving the following key areas: Talent acquisition, Talent management, Change management, Performance management, Culture and Organizational Development
• Define and implement organization, talent, leadership, culture and change management initiatives
• Harmonize end-to-end quarterly and annual talent processes to include assessment of senior talent and org capability, strengths and gaps, identification of themes, succession planning and recommendations
• Embed leadership and management capability-building and development initiatives, and track results
• Define the performance management strategy and approach
• Execute a data driven approach to drive large scale talent initiatives, organization interventions and change management efforts
• Analyze internal/external data, identify trends, implications and possible solutions
• Build and implement progressive and innovative methods for career development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Deep talent and change management experience with demonstrated strategic planning, multi-operational management, and execution skills in a fast pace growing environment
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment
• Demonstrated excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem resolution & decision-making skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively throughout the organization, from executives to individual contributors and with internal and external partners
• Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and to work effectively under pressure with multiple deliverables
• Strong Executive presentation skills including building meaningful materials and presenting successfully
• Demonstrated business acumen, curiosity and learner mindset
• Ability to assess and translate business strategies & workforce implications, and identify relevant solutions
• Amazing people and organizational leader, who is a strong assessor of talent & able to coach for development, with impressive consultative and facilitation skills
• Proven ability to influence senior leaders
• Strong knowledge of talent analytics, organizational design and development principles, strategic planning and change management methodologies
• Large scale project management skills
• Experience evolving a Performance Management approach at scale
• 10 years in related Human Resources roles, talent management and/or human capital consulting experience with strong knowledge and working experience with talent management, organizational design, performance management, organizational management and change management practices.
• Bachelor's degree in organizational development, organizational psychology or human resources
• Ability to think strategically and translate business and individual needs into actionable items
• Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity; comfort working independently
• Outstanding critical thinking skills, including strong data analytics abilities
• Proven project management skills and process excellence, with the ability to manage multiple projects, multi-task and prioritize effectively
• A collaborative mindset, with the ability to form effective working relationships quickly with different stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; Workday experience a plus
• Both Generalist and Specialist experience is a plus
• Related BS/BA degree and Masters in HR or OD or MBA strongly desired
• Experience managing and using ATS/CRM; Workday a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Were you referred by a Hawk's employee? If so, who?
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create awesomeness. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are an entertaining group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn't hurt that we hold the keys to an amazing brand, a winning basketball organization and a wide variety of events at State Farm Arena.