Social Media Assistant
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
What the Social Media Assistant will be responsible for:
• Distribute content on College Park Skyhawks and other brand social media accounts (Hawks and Talon) as assigned.
• Write copy for social media posts.
• Create assets for posts from the content calendar on Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, and other software as assigned.
• Help maintain social media tagging/reporting on our content management system.
• Assist with community and fan management on our accounts.
• Cover Skyhawks games and other events as assigned by live clipping plays and posting in real time.
• Attend Skyhawks games, Skyhawks community events and other events to gather content as assigned.
• Help with social media post ideation as assigned.
• Stay current with social media trends and topics.
• Remain flexible and nimble to assist with additional projects as assigned.
What the Social Media Assistant needs to have:
• Academic and/or work experiences related to one or more of the following in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field.
• Knowledge of basketball and pop culture.
• Obsession with social media trends and platforms.
• Familiarity with social media post metrics.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on social media writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Proficiency in Adobe CC a plus.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
Education and Experience:
• Academic and/or work experiences related to one or more of the following in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
• Experience working in social media for a brand is a plus, but not required
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Premier, etc.)
• Experience with social media reporting and analytics is preferred
• Experience with sports highlight video clipping software (Clipro/AvGen) a plus, but not required.
• Experience with sports photography a plus, but not required.
• Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the applicant. (Please note, this role must live and work out of the Atlanta, GA area.)
• Reliable transportation is also needed
• Work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!