Senior Motion Graphics Designer / Editor
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Sr. Motion Graphics Designer/Editor will work with the Brand Services and Content departments within Hawks Studios to help create a contemporary, consistent and kick-ass look for all motion graphics flowing through the Studio. They will be responsible for editing original pieces of content, as well as taking the lead to post out offline video content. The individual will have decision-making authority within the department to establish motion graphic tool kits, templates and best practices. They must be comfortable collaborating with other department heads, editor and producers as necessary. A strong sense of design and collaboration is a must.
Hawks Studios is a full-service production entity for the Atlanta Hawks. We Provide cutting-edge Production, development and content support for Atlanta Hawks Marketing, Corporate Sponsorships, Social, Live Experience, External Affairs, Digital and Basketball Operations. As well as Hawks Talon Gaming Club, the College Park Sky Hawks and State Farm Arena. Hawks Studios utilizes three production facilities and produces over1000 projects a year.
• Serve as lead motion graphic designer on major level projects from conception, development and final delivery
• Direct liaison between Brand Services and the Content department
• Develop basic Motion Graphics tool kit and project-specific motion graphics for Content Department
• Edit original pieces of content
• Execute graphics and post-out projects for air on Network, Social and In-arena
• Brainstorm unique and brand-relevant ideas in collaboration with other departments
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook); Adobe Creative Services Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects); Apple Mac OSX platform
• Ability to brainstorm creative ideas in a small group setting
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Ability to take direction from others
• Understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet said goals
• Ability to thrive as part of a team and provide guidance to developing team members
• Typographic, layout, composition, color theory and information design
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the field of Motion Graphics.
You need to provide a link to your portfolio
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.