Senior Graphic Designer
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Sr. Graphic Designer will join Hawks Studios. Reporting into the Vice President of Brand Creative, this individual will support studios heads in telling the story of our brands through visually impactful, culturally relevant, and cutting-edge design. Sr. Graphic Designer will support VP in leading brand creative team in seasonal look & feel, campaign key art, social content, innovation, photography, external agency relations, and employee development.
Hawks Studios is an award winning full-service in-house agency for the Atlanta Hawks family of brands. The studio provides cutting-edge creative, content and production solutions for Atlanta Hawks Marketing department, Corporate Sponsorships, Live Experience, External Affairs, Events/Activations, Membership and Basketball Operations. As well as our sister brands: Hawks Talon Gaming Club, College Park Skyhawks and State Farm Arena.
• Serve as brand creative development lead designer on major marketing campaigns, and core sponsorship needs.
• Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders
• Lead in research, trend, experiential and digital innovation
• Supports studio operations team on prioritization and project planning
• Support VP in people and skills development
• Support Social and video teams with templates and content bank ideation
• Help lead and support in-house team in development, execution and production
• Leading the team in innovation and staying up to date with trend and best practices.
• Provide design strategy for omni-channel campaigns, grass-root activations, experiential events, logos, print collateral, mobile app, and direct mail.
• Ensure the studio is delivering best-in-class output, functioning efficiently, and instilling a culture of collaboration.
• Advance software skills required: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Acrobat Pro, Bridge)
• Additional Software skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, One Drive, Teams, and Outlook), Keynote, Hive, Slack
• Primary skill set: Graphic Design and Photo Manipulation
• Secondary skill set: Motion Graphics, Illustration and/or UX/UI
• Knowledge in designing static and animated ads for web, social, email, and display
• Knowledge in CMYK Printing Processes & large format production
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet said goals
• Ability to thrive as part of a team and provide guidance to developing team members
• Stay flexible, positive, resourceful and reliable
• Work on game nights, off hours and on weekends occasionally when needed
• Ability to innovative strategically, with an eye for detail
• Adhere to a strict NDA regarding top-level business and basketball operations projects
• Ability to supervise, support and mentor other designers. Approving work, managing deadlines, providing design strategy, adhering to process, and mentoring development.
• Must be able to express individual creative abilities while incorporating creative direction from the Vice President and others
• Must be motivated, and a self-starter ready to ''push the envelope'' when it comes to creative design concepts
Education and Experience
• 6 years experience
• Bachelor's degree or certificate in Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Illustration, Product Design
• Experience in leading a team or at least 1 direct report
• Experience across channels: digital, advertising, marketing, experiential, social, print
• Prior experience working in a creative environment, advertising/marketing firm or related, with knowledge and enthusiasm for professional sports and live entertainment
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, organized, visual storyteller with a proven track record of pushing the limit when it comes to design innovation. This person must be able to build strong partnerships with cross functional teams, and foster creativity/innovation within Hawks Studios.
This role is highly collaborative, and the successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a consistent structure and atmosphere of creativity.
You need to provide a link to your portfolio
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.