Atlanta HawksCollege Park, GA
Full Time Job
The President is responsible for the day to day business operations of the new G League affiliate of the Atlanta Hawks based in College Park, GA. This will include direct oversight of ticket sales, marketing, corporate partnerships and gameday experience. The team will play home games at The Gateway Center @ Georgia International Convention Center, which is currently scheduled for completion in October 2019.
This position will report to the Vice President of Business Operations and Strategy of the Atlanta Hawks.
• Function as the leader of the club and is expected to represent the club in a positive manner at all times
• Recruit, hire and train personnel to fill available positions throughout club launch
• Oversee all business operations including development of annual budget, organizational charts, goals and objectives for each department
• Represents the organization as the primary liaison with all key College Park constituencies, including government, community and civic leaders
• Serve as primary liaison between G League Business Operations and Hawks Basketball Operations department
• Collaborate effectively with Atlanta Hawks business leaders and staff as necessary
• Provide an innovative approach to staffing, ticket sales, promotions, marketing and gameday experience
• Develop and implement a plan for increasing corporate partnerships and local sponsorship revenue
• Develop a multi-faceted and creative marketing campaign to introduce and promote brand throughout community
• Design advertising and promotions that provide fun, affordable, family friendly in-game entertainment
• Work closely with Atlanta Hawks ticketing and analytics staff to develop integrated ticket campaigns, group ticket plans and optimal pricing strategies
• Work with arena management on capital expenditures and ongoing facility maintenance requirements and upgrades
• Assist in setting financial objectives, policy and best practices
• Establish and maintain a strong and positive relationship with all fulltime and gameday staff members
Ideal Background and Qualifications:
• Experience in a professional or minor league sports leadership role such as Team President, General Manager, Assistant General Manager or other related position
• Prior P&L ownership experience
• Demonstrated experience with corporate partnership and ticketing sales
• Ability to develop strategies that support the Atlanta Hawks' basketball and business long term vision
• Uncompromised business judgement, ethics and integrity
• Ability to prioritize and follow through with little to no supervision
• Ability to effectively communicate in private and public settings
• Ties to the College Park and/or Greater Atlanta area (preferred but not required)
• MBA degree (preferred but not required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Were you referred by a current Hawk's employee? If so, who?