Manager, Hawks Studios
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Studio Manager will oversee all scheduling and production at Hawks Studios. Reporting into the Vice President of Brand Creative, you will manage and help operate a world-class studio with capabilities including: scheduling, production, brand development, design, fast-to-market innovation, editorial, social content, UX/UI, experiential, photography, and advertising across all channels.
Hawks Studios is an award winning full-service in-house agency for the Atlanta Hawks family of brands. The studio provides cutting-edge creative, content and production solutions for Atlanta Hawks Marketing department, Corporate Sponsorships, Live Experience, External Affairs, Events/Activations, Membership and Basketball Operations. As well as our sister brands: Hawks Talon Gaming Club, College Park Skyhawks and State Farm Arena. Hawks Studios utilizes three production facilities and produces over 1000 projects a year.
• Define the vision and operating model for the Hawks Studio in collaboration with current team members
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through completion
• Build and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Oversee studio master calendar and vendor relations
• Help lead and manage both in-house and external teams in scheduling, development, execution and production
• Develop a comprehensive roadmap with both immediate and long-term goals and milestones, taking into account business needs and capabilities
• Ensure the studio is delivering best-in-class output and partnership, functioning efficiently, and instilling a culture of collaboration
• Drive and contribute to a culture where people love to work, feel they can flourish, and are proud of their work
• Advance software skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, One Drive, Teams, and Outlook), keynote, adobe acrobat
• Intermedia software skills required: Slack, Hive, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
• Ability to schedule and track over 1000 projects a year
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Ability to take direction from others
• Ability to understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet said goals
• Ability to thrive as part of a team and provide guidance to developing team members
• Ability to understand the creative (design/production/post-production) process and how to schedule that process successfully
• Ability to stay flexible, positive, resourceful and reliable
• Ability to work off hours and on weekends occasionally
Education and Experience:
• 8 years experience
• Experience developing and managing complex organization(s)
• Innovative and strategic, with an eye for detail
• Experience across channels: digital, retail, advertising, marketing, social, print
• Expertise in leading teams
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and organized leader with a proven track record of managing complex organizations and leading successful agencies or in-house teams. This person must be able to articulate and understand business problems, build strong partnerships with cross functional teams, and create an efficient operation and culture that provides the structure for creatives to work across all channels in a timely manner.
This role is highly collaborative, and the successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a consistent structure and atmosphere of creativity.
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.