Manager, Arena Communications
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
What the Arena Communications Manager will be responsible for:
• Serve as PR contact and manage media relations for all State Farm Arena events, in particular non-Hawks events
• Serve as communications subject matter expert for assigned departments such as sustainability and arena programming to generate earned media interest and drive ticket sales
• Creating and executing integrated plans to promote brand awareness while building collaborative working relationships, understanding department priorities and managing expectations
• Fosters positive relationships with promoters, tours, artist publicists as well as with local, regional and national media contacts and influencers
• Demonstrates proficiency in writing skills to craft various types of correspondence including press releases, talking points, communications plans, presentations, award submissions and more
• Manages budgets responsibilities for certain projects
• Contributes to a positive and engaging team and corporate culture
• Exhibits strong knowledge of the organization, its partners and media landscape
• Leverages her/his network of media contacts and participates in relevant professional organizations and networking activities to help advance the business goals of the Hawks and State Farm Arena
• Other duties as assigned
What the Arena Communications Manager needs to have:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field.
• At least 4-7 years of public relations and media relations experience is REQUIRED with either B2C and/or B2B audiences; a specific focus any of the following: brand, lifestyle, community, corporate, entertainment or sports, communications including project and/or account management is a plus
• A strategic mindset that utilizes creative problem-solving to achieve results.
• Team player; organized, can prioritize in a fluid environment.
• Strong writing and editing skills, working knowledge of AP Style.
• Proven ability to pitch and land story placements, as well as build strategic communications plans.
• Independent, self-starter, able to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experienced in consensus building among inter-departmental teams and with senior-level staff
• Demonstrates advanced understanding of emerging social media channels and content partnerships in relation to media mix.
• Successful track record of helping to build and present concepts/programs for clients (internal or external) and effectively executing programs.
• Ability to spot media trends and insights and share with teams in order to capitalize on exposure for the brand.
• Experience with media monitoring tools is a plus.
• Available to work events on nights and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!