Intern - Hbcu, Social Media
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Atlanta Hawks HBCU Pathways Program Internships presented by Georgia Power will seek to prepare the next generation of diverse leaders in the sports, entertainment, and hospitality industry. In collaboration with Georgia Power, this program will engage students in a 9-week summer internship experience that will expose students to various career pathways. The program will begin with one week of educational and professional development seminars that will help prepare the interns for their department placements within the organization.
As a Social Media Intern, you will be right in the action of running the social media accounts for our brand alongside the Social Strategy Manager and Social Media Coordinators. Primarily focused on content performance and distribution of content, you will help track post-performance and draw insights from post metrics while helping bring our content calendar to life on social. This position will also assist with select marketing projects throughout the season as opportunities become available.
• Create social media reports for campaign recaps for Marketing and other departments.
• Help maintain social media tagging/reporting on our content management system.
• Distribute content on Atlanta Hawks, State Farm Arena, College Park Skyhawks, Hawks Talon GC, and other brand social media accounts as assigned.
• Assist in writing copy for social media posts.
• Assist in generating assets for posts from the content calendar.
• Attend Atlanta Hawks community events and other events to gather content as assigned.
• Help with social media post ideation as assigned.
• Stay current with social media trends and topics.
• Remain flexible and nimble to assist with broader marketing projects over the long-term as opportunities become available.
• Knowledge of basketball and pop culture
• Obsession with social media trends and platforms
• Familiarity with social media post metrics
• Attention to detail.
• Strong writing and grammar skills
• Team player
• Great interpersonal skills
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effecters, Premier, etc.) a plus, but not required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially Microsoft Excel, is preferred.
• Must live in Atlanta or be willing to relocate.
Education and Experience:
• Must be enrolled in an accredited HBCU College or University as a rising Junior and Senior
• Field of Study: Marketing, PR, Basketball Programs, GP, Events and Analytics
• Minimum 2.75 GPA
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!