Intern - Hbcu, Hawks Talon Gc
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Atlanta Hawks HBCU Pathways Program Internships presented by Georgia Power will seek to prepare the next generation of diverse leaders in the sports, entertainment, and hospitality industry. In collaboration with Georgia Power, this program will engage students in a 9-week summer internship experience that will expose students to various career pathways. The program will begin with one week of educational and professional development seminars that will help prepare the interns for their department placements within the organization.
The Hawks Talon GC Intern will work with the Director of Esports and Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility to help elevate the Hawks Talon GC brand. This role will support Hawks Talon GC in many areas including: community development, social media, event planning, research, and daily operational tasks.
• Assist with day-to-day business operations for Hawks Talon GC.
• Assist with developing community-based esports programming for summer 2023 and fall 2023.
• Create social posts for Hawks Talon GC on Twitter (& other platforms as necessary).
• Assist in ideation of
• Help with operations of community events, such as our Hawks Talon GC Live Watch Parties.
• Manage and organize the Hawks Talon GC merchandise area.
• Research new trends in esports and the Atlanta esports community.
• Serves as the note taker during meetings and prepares post-meeting notes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Some knowledge of video games and/or esports.
• Team player.
• Takes direction well.
• Organized with great time management skills.
• Comfortable with working untraditional hours (i.e., some nights and weekends)
• Knowledge of basketball and pop culture.
• Obsession with social media trends and platforms.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong writing and grammar skills.
• Great interpersonal skills.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effecters, Premier, etc.) a plus, but not required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially Microsoft Excel, is preferred.
Education and Experience:
• Must be enrolled in an accredited HBCU College or University as a rising Junior and Senior
• Field of Study: Marketing, PR, Basketball Programs, GP, Events and Analytics
• Minimum 2.75 GPA
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!