Intern - Hbcu, Global Partnerships
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Atlanta Hawks HBCU Pathways Program Internships presented by Georgia Power will seek to prepare the next generation of diverse leaders in the sports, entertainment, and hospitality industry. In collaboration with Georgia Power, this program will engage students in a 9-week summer internship experience that will expose students to various career pathways. The program will begin with one week of educational and professional development seminars that will help prepare the interns for their department placements within the organization.
The Global Partnerships Intern will report to the Sales Director but will support all three GP departments which include: Sales, Activation and Partnership Development. He/she will support the Global Partnerships department across many areas that interact with multiple departments across the organization. This position will support partnership sales, activation, and development efforts across the Hawks, Skyhawks, and Hawks Talon GC business units.
• Act in a general support role to all three GP departments in their day-to-day account management
• Research and develop League and industry best practices to help strengthen existing partnerships as well as new business.
• Conduct prospecting and intelligence efforts to support outreach by the Sales team.
• Aid in aggregating and analyzing partnership performance data and insights.
• Assist with community activations and partner player/talent appearances.
• Assist in the build-out of End of Season, and Special Event recaps.
• Assist in managing merchandise inventory and proper upkeep of GP closet/other storage spaces.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail are required.
• Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Must be a self-starter who exhibits a strong work ethic, reliability, and dependability.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Must have a strong interest in learning more about corporate sponsorships.
• Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information carefully and with sensitivity.
• Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends depending on events that are taking place.
Education and Experience:
• Must be enrolled in an accredited HBCU College or University as a rising Junior and Senior
• Field of Study: Marketing, PR, Basketball Programs, GP, Events and Analytics
• Minimum 2.75 GPA
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!