Intern - Hbcu, Brand Communications
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Atlanta Hawks HBCU Pathways Program Internships presented by Georgia Power will seek to prepare the next generation of diverse leaders in the sports, entertainment, and hospitality industry. In collaboration with Georgia Power, this program will engage students in a 9-week summer internship experience that will expose students to various career pathways. The program will begin with one week of educational and professional development seminars that will help prepare the interns for their department placements within the organization.
The role will report to the Manager, Brand Communications and will assist the Brand Communications team with daily activities to assist members of the media and various internal stakeholders. The intern will have duties to fulfill on both game days and event days as well as non-event days and will gain invaluable experience as a season member of the Brand Communications department for the Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena.
• Assist with writing and providing first drafts of communications plans, press releases, media advisories, photo captions, LinkedIn posts, etc.
• Assist on site at games and non-Hawks events in a media relation capacity.
• Assist in updating department media lists and discovery of new journalists and media outlets.
• Assist in various media monitoring activities including the compilation of daily clips and media recaps.
• On occasion accompany executives and staff to interviews/appearances
• Handle administrative responsibilities including taking meeting notes.
• Assist on site at community events, non-basketball related events and concerts in a media relations capacity.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail are required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed, and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information carefully and with sensitivity.
• A willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
Education and Experience:
• Must be enrolled in an accredited HBCU College or University as a rising Junior and Senior
• Field of Study: Marketing, PR, Basketball Programs, GP, Events and Analytics
• Minimum 2.75 GPA
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!