Intern - Hbcu, Basketball Programs & Csr
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Atlanta Hawks HBCU Pathways Program Internships presented by Georgia Power will seek to prepare the next generation of diverse leaders in the sports, entertainment, and hospitality industry. In collaboration with Georgia Power, this program will engage students in a 9-week summer internship experience that will expose students to various career pathways. The program will begin with one week of educational and professional development seminars that will help prepare the interns for their department placements within the organization.
The Intern will assist the Community Basketball Programs and Community Impact teams' activity to develop, plan, communicate, execute and recap strategic initiatives that achieve measurable results and impact the Atlanta community in a positive and memorable way.
We are seeking someone who is both passionate about service and committed to cross-departmental collaboration and teamwork to aid in the execution and impact of community programming.
• Assist CI coordinator with social responsibility programs aligned with organizational service pillars and/or with corporate partners to ensure best-in-class programming.
• Assist with tracking inventory, data entry, and periodic reports.
• Support Community Impact Team in the planning and execution of upcoming initiatives/events.
• Bring energy and outgoing spirit to activities for youth participants in greater Atlanta camps and clinics.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism while providing outstanding customer service to youth participants, parents, talent, facility directors, corporate partners, vendors, etc.
• Assist with packs, load-ins and load-outs at camps and clinics in the greater Atlanta area.
• Ensure a safe and risk-free environment for campers, parents, and other Hawks activation employees.
• Responsible for program recaps, working with internal stakeholders such as Brand Communications, Marketing and Corporate Partnerships.
• Draft internal messaging for upcoming volunteer and giving opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Works effectively and quickly in a dynamic environment
• Event planning experience or skills is preferred.
• Ability to work with internal and external clients with a positive customer service-oriented attitude.
• Strong ability to handle pressure situations, apply analytical skills and take proactive efforts to problem solve.
• Enrolled in a Sports Administration, Business, Communications, or related field Bachelor's degree program
• CANNOT be affiliated with a Boys AAU Program for ages 15-18; no contact with top 100 prospects (NBA RULE)
• CANNOT work with draft ineligible prospects (EX: international players, top 100 high school player in their class)
Education and Experience:
• Must be enrolled in an accredited HBCU College or University as a rising Junior and Senior
• Field of Study: Marketing, PR, Basketball Programs, GP, Events and Analytics
• Minimum 2.75 GPA
• Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
• Must have reliable transportation to join activations in a timely manner across the greater Atlanta area
• Routinely operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!