Coordinator, Social Media
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are we:
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you:
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
• Distribute content on Atlanta Hawks, State Farm Arena, College Park Skyhawks, Hawks Talon GC, and other brand social media accounts as assigned.
• Produce engaging content in real-time across various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube with a focus on championing and being a superstar of TikTok content.
• Monitor, react and leverage real-time trends and current events and relate them to the Atlanta Hawks brand.
• Assist in the ideation, planning, execution, and reporting of social content on all platforms.
• Lead channel-specific strategies while maintaining knowledge and expertise across all social platforms.
• Work with Social Media Assistants and Social Media Strategy Manager to develop assets and copy for posts from the content calendar.
• Cover Hawks home and road games and other events as assigned by live clipping plays and posting in real time.
• Maintain forward-looking social posting calendars.
• Manage Hawks.com content and homepage.
• Maintain social media tagging/reporting in content management system.
• Understand and stay up to date with the capabilities and restrictions of each social network currently utilized (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, TikTok).
• Stay on top of social platform trends, advancements, and shifts.
• Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Academic and/or work experiences related to one or more of the following in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite/Photoshop.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Knowledge of basketball and pop culture.
• Obsession with social media trends and platforms, especially on TikTok.
• Familiarity with social media post metrics.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on social media writing skills.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
Education and Experience:
• 2 years of experience managing social media for a brand
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in journalism, marketing, PR, communications, or related field
• Experience creating and understanding analytical reports of key social metrics
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Premier, etc.)
• Experience with social media reporting and analytics is preferred
• Experience with sports highlight video clipping software (Clipro/AvGen) a plus, but not required.
• Experience with Sprout Social a plus, but not required.
• Experience with sports photography a plus, but not required.
• Work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!