Conversion Operations Manager
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2020 7:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Conversion Operations Manager jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Conversion Operations Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Conversion Operations Manager? Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
Leads and oversees all conversion-related activities for all Atlanta Hawks games and events at State Farm Arena as well as providing operations oversight and collaborating with variety of departments to meet the operational end goals for events and clients by providing world-class service with Southern Hospitality.
• Manage all employees and labor subcontractors responsible for the daily building operations of the facility and the process of assembly and dismantling for all events held at State Farm Arena.
• Works in tandem with the other department managers/Conversion Co-Manager on all matters to maintain cohesive department through management and communication.
• Manage and oversee departmental subcontractors, vendors, payroll, staffing and purchase orders while maintaining a working relationship with vendors and service providers.
• Supervise and coordinate team members in the operation, maintenance and repair of all physical features inherent to the movable seating systems, basketball flooring and rolling stages while maintaining a safe work environment for patrons, workers and team member
• Maintain daily reports of labor and project costs to insure on budget events.
• Review schedules, audits, operations and inspection reports, equipment specifications, parts and material inventories and costs to maximize effectiveness of department.
• Responsible for records, tools and equipment inventory to ensure that department related equipment is regularly and properly maintained while establishing or following the preventative maintenance plan.
• Develops techniques for work method simplification, improving working conditions and safety, reducing costs, and communication to adjust and refine the conversion process.
• Performs thorough verification that all systems, set up, and installations are safe for patrons, workers, and team members through arena checklists and walk-throughs.
• Key point of contact for all operational equipment moves and building operations deliveries while managing the logistics for transportation of equipment to offsite warehouse, Hawks Practice Facility and equipment shipments.
• Works with Event Operations department to ensure proper set up and troubleshoot any problems or deficiencies.
• Works with the Engineering department to perform preventative maintenance tasks and provide any assistance on building operations projects.
• Works with third party environmental team to ensure arena main floor is ready and clean following conversions and any event needs.
• Coordinate all 24/7 work order management system tasks for the department and ensure tasks are complete to proper standards.
• Knowledge of safety equipment, standards, systems and OSHA guidelines.
• Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the Manager, Operations.
• Other duties that may be assigned
• 5 years of experience in conversion and/or building operations
• High School diploma or equivalent required, college preferred
• Prior experience managing staff, to include identification of issues and documentation/discipline is preferred
• Strong mechanical background and mechanical troubleshooting skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational, abilities, and provide positive/consistent leadership that will motivate arena staff
• Self-starter with excellent organizational skills; able to meet definitive timeline goals
• Ability to visualize a thought or idea before a concrete example exists
• Able to interpret and read Auto-CAD drawings along with event outlines and possess strong math skills
• Effective team player mentality; must be able to adapt to changes and work in a multi-client environment
• Certified forklift and scissor lift operator preferred
• Prior experience with work order management systems, Workday system and Word platform
• Able to work irregular hours to include overnight shifts, weekends and holidays. May be subject to 24 hour per day and 7 days per week call This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.