Community Basketball Programs Manager
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 7/15/2021 6:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Community Basketball Programs Manager jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Community Basketball Programs Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Community Basketball Programs Manager?
Part Time Job
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
• Lead team of seasonal basketball coaches, and department intern.
• Primarily responsible for the management of the team member experience for (25) part-time employees and (1) trainee
• Oversee community basketball part-time staff including, but not limited to, hiring, onboarding, orientation, SMILE training, staffing, professional education, staff guidelines, payroll management, expense reporting, uniform distribution, performance evaluation and termination
• Manage staffing, marketing, transportation, communication and registration logistics of community basketball programs including, but not limited to, summer camps, clinics, competitions, tournaments, coaching education, virtual programs, corporate partner experiences, ticket sales activations, and Hawks Foundation events
• Oversee Community Basketball Inclusion Programs and Partner Relations (re: Special Olympics, Jr Hawks Wheelchair Basketball, Jr Hawks Lady Ballers)
• Primarily responsible for management of League Apps online registration software, fiscal transactions, website content maintenance and administrative duties as assigned
• Coordinate the scheduling of talent, media coverage and content capture at community basketball events
• Coordinate in-office services, technology, filing and storage systems
• Facilitate driver education training and insurance documenting for part-time employees
• Oversee autograph memorabilia inventory and team signing event logistics
• Oversee inventory and purchases of office supplies, staff uniforms, signage, interactive elements, consumer premiums and print collateral
• Coordinate corporate partner activations including, but not limited to, SCANA, GA Power, Emory, Bank of America, Verizon, UPS, Children's Museum of Atlanta, HealthMPowers and State Farm
• Operational management of programs and events including, but not limited to, Hawks Team Signing, Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena Employee 3 v 3 Tournament, Hawks at Home Virtual Platform, Squawk Squad and Hawks Foundation activations
• Oversee community basketball event participation and impact documentation and donation program valuation tracking
• Serve as the department liaison with marketing, promotions, innovation, creative design, digital & social media, human resources and retail branches
• Serve as department lead related to internal and external communication
• Serve as department liaison with arena operations and office services
• Systems and software management including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, LeagueApps, Workday, Certify, API, Formstack, NBA Teamwork and Zoom
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Sports Marketing or a relevant field required
• 3 to 5 years of event management, people management and marketing experience is required
• Prior work experience in the sports industry is preferred
• Prior work experience managing direct reports is preferred
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple daily tasks and meet deadlines
• Highly organized, with attention to detail throughout all job responsibilities, is necessary
• Experience in event marketing, business development, consumer services, office management and/or corporate partner relations is preferred
• Must possess a team player attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Teams)
• Experience with print, digital, web and social media marketing is preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and customer service skills required.
• MUST be comfortable and versed in public speaking
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed
• Clean driving record preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.