Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2020 6:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Accounting Coordinator jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Accounting Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Accounting Coordinator? Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Accounting Coordinator is an integral part of the Accounting Department, and is responsible for providing reliable, timely, and accurate financial data in a dynamic industry and multi-entity financial environment. The responsibilities of the Accounting Coordinator will entail preparing journal entries, game settlements, general ledger reconciliations, and supporting the monthly, quarterly, and annual closings for ATL Hawks, LLC and each of its subsidiaries. This position works directly with all departments to proactively resolve issues and is a key contributor in achieving an efficient and accurate month end close.
• Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ''GAAP''
• Record intangible assets and associated amortization and impairment, when applicable
• Record prepaid expenses and accruals along with maintaining the expense amortization schedule for all entities
• Record and reconcile monthly and quarterly tax liability activity for all entities
• Analyze and record revenue and expenses related to Food and Beverage, invoicing third party providers as necessary
• Analyze and record revenue related to parking, including providing sales data to our third party operator, reviewing monthly parking reports, and invoicing as deemed necessary
• Assist with the preparation of game settlements
• Prepare sales and use tax returns for each entity
• Assist with the monthly variance analysis of the P&L, proposing accruals and adjusting entries, where necessary.
• Review and Approve Accounts Payable (API online system) for assigned departments
• Act as a liaison with other departments and external parties concerning accounting information and documentation requests
• Analyze and document department processes and procedures and recommend improvements as needed
• Assist in supporting league and external audits during the external reporting cycles
• Other duties that may be assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferred.
• 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience in a professional work environment, with increasing responsibility for financial statement preparation
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team driven environment, yet be able to work independently to complete daily expectations
• Ability to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving, fast paced environment, while maintaining a strong attention to detail
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, plus drive and willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities outside of areas of responsibility
• Working knowledge of internal accounting controls
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains and Archtics, a plus This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.