Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 2/9/2021 1:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for VP, Accounting jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all VP, Accounting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP, Accounting? Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The VP, Accounting, leads the accounting department for Atlanta Hawks, State Farm Arena and related entities. This role directly reports to the COO and manages an 8-member team responsible for day-to-day accounting and long-term financial management.
• Lead accounting staff, including training, mentoring and development and providing technical advice for complex accounting situations
• Develop relationships and collaborate across organization department heads and executive committee to provide financial and accounting reports and analysis
• Lead special projects requiring accounting support and management (examples, additional team/owner investments, COVID compliance/filings, etc.)
• Partner with COO and VP Finance for continuous improvement of systems, processes and controls
• Complete ATL Investco state and federal tax filings and oversee preparation of K-1's for ownership on quarterly basis
• Manage preparation of internal and external financial statements and ensure compliance with all covenants and reporting requirements
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance and write technical internal memos documenting accounting treatment
• Manage treasury functions including cash management, cashflow reporting, and principal and interest payments
• Oversight of AR/AP functions
• Plan and conduct month-end and year-end (fiscal and tax) closings, review and approve all closing entries, variance analysis, and financial reporting
• Review and approve monthly balance sheet and bank account reconciliations, arena event settlements and facility leasing reconciliations
• Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
• Strong expertise in accounting principles and procedures, including new GAAP standards and implementation
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, Great Plains experience a plus
Education and Experience:
• 10 years of overall combined accounting and management experience, with minimum 3 years public accounting
• Bachelors degree in Accounting
• CPA required This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.