Trainee, Revenue Operations
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
True Trainee Program Summary:
Here's your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization firsthand. The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2021-2022 True Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. The program dates are September 2021-May 2022.
A quick summary about the Revenue Operations Trainee role:
Reporting to the Manager of Revenue Operations, this role will support the EVP and Chief Revenue Officer, all of the Revenue Department as well as other departments within the organization as requested. Their responsibilities will also span across many areas that interact with multiple departments across the organization.
What the Revenue Operations Trainee will be responsible for:
• Act in a general support role to Chief Revenue Officer's (CRO) office in all day-to-day tasks/responsibilities in whatever that entails
• Assist other departments throughout the organization as needed/requested, including but not limited to CEO office, Corporate Partnerships, Ticket Sales
• Assist with any/all game and event night duties as needed including ticketing, credentials, escorting guests, etc
• Participate in season-long Corporate Partnerships Business Case Study project
• Participate in Membership Associate Ticket Sales Training
• Assist with CRO social media strategy and execution
• Manage all CRO office gifting inventory and process in partnership with Retail and Events/Experience
• Create/manage full calendar including all internal/external events/games/local opportunities/holidays/etc
• Assist with creation of Employee Engagement strategy and execution in partnership with CP, Ticketing, and HR
• Assist with donation standards from Revenue department and process for donation redemption of tickets, in partnership with Ticketing and Corporate Partnerships
• Perform other duties as assigned
What the Revenue Operations Trainee needs to have:
• Post Grad (recent college graduates within 24 months of graduation).
• Academic and/or Work experiences related to one or more of the following Sports Management or Marketing, Business Management/Administration, or Revenue Management
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Experience working in a CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
• $15.00/hour plus overtime
• Game tickets during Hawks season (as available)
• 50% discount on Atlanta Hawks merchandise
• Medical, dental and vision coverage option
• Holiday Pay (5 major holidays)
• Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the Trainee. (Please note, this role must live and work out of the Atlanta, GA area.)
• Reliable transportation is also needed
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screenings, that may include a background check and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.