Trainee, Membership Services
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
True Trainee Program Summary:
Here's your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization firsthand. The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2021-2022 True Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. The program dates are September 2021-May 2022.
A quick summary about the Membership Services Trainee role:
The Membership Services Trainee will have the opportunity to assist Account Executives with touch point, relationship building process with season ticket members. Through the lens of service, our trainee will participate in day-to-day activities in the Membership Services which will include attending client meetings to discuss service needs, gather data for business decisions, and assist in preparing for game day.
What the Membership Services Trainee will be responsible for:
• Assist Membership Services Account Executives with touch point, relationship building process with season ticket members. Assist with day-to-day activities in the Membership Services department which may include, but is not limited to, assembly of data entry in database systems
• Attend select inter-departmental and client meetings to convey service-related items
• Game Day and Event Responsibilities
• Assist with on and off court season ticket member assets at games
• Assist with set up and execution of Hawks non-game-day events
• Providing customer service for season ticket members at Members Service Center on Atlanta Hawks game days
What the Membership Services Trainee needs to have:
• Post Grad (recent college graduates within 24 months of graduation).
• Academic and/or Work experiences related to one or more of the following in Sport Marketing or Management, Business Management or Marketing, or Membership Services or Retention.
• Understand importance of flawless customer service.
• Passion for sports and live entertainment.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
• Experience working in a CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
• $15.00/hour plus overtime
• Game tickets during Hawks season (as available)
• 50% discount on Atlanta Hawks merchandise
• Medical, dental and vision coverage option
• Holiday Pay (5 major holidays)
• Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the Trainee. (Please note, this role must live and work out of the Atlanta, GA area.)
• Reliable transportation is also needed
• Lift up to 40 pounds
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screenings, that may include a background check and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.