Trainee, Marketing-Community Basketball Programs
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have a true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
True Trainee Program Summary:
Here's your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization firsthand. The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2021-2022 True Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry and provide educational and networking opportunities. The program dates are September 2021-May 2022.
A quick summary about the Marketing-Community Basketball Programs Trainee role:
The Marketing-Community Basketball Programs trainee will assist with coordinating activations at various Hawks Basketball Academy and Community Basketball Events. In addition, this role will assist with Hawks at Home virtual programs, and on-court coaching at community basketball events,
What the Marketing-Community Basketball Programs Trainee will be responsible for:
• Assist in the planning, promotion, and execution of basketball programs.
• Assist with event load-ins and load-outs
• Assist with media content capture at basketball program events
• Maintain inventory spreadsheets for uniforms, promotional items, autograph items, etc.
• Compile research of grassroots basketball programs in the Atlanta market, generate databases for Jr Hawks Program prospecting.
• Assist with Jr NBA Atlanta market activations
• Promote and expand the Lady Ballers program
• Assist with development of contact database for community basketball organizations and influencers
• Assist with analytic tracking data related to community basketball activations and donations
• Promote coaches education programs
• Assist with The Hawks Foundation activations and community efforts
What the Marketing-Community Basketball Programs trainee needs to have:
• Post Grad (recent college graduates within 24 months of graduation).
• Basketball playing and/or coaching experience.
• Comfortable working with small and large groups of people.
• Knowledge of basketball fundamentals.
• Ability to coach youth on the court.
• Public speaking and customer service experience preferred.
• Academic and/or Work experiences related to one or more of the following Sports Management, Marketing, Coaches, Physical Education, or Teaching/Education.
• Previous event planning, logistics, and/or event management experience a plus.
• Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
• $15.00/hour plus overtime
• Game tickets during Hawks season (as available)
• 50% discount on Atlanta Hawks merchandise
• Medical, dental and vision coverage option
• Holiday Pay (5 major holidays)
• Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the Trainee. (Please note, this role must live and work out of the Atlanta, GA area.)
• Reliable transportation is also needed
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
• Must be able to assist with physical labor (i.e. load-ins and load-outs)
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screenings, that may include a background check and drug screen.