Trainee, Corporate Partnerships
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
True Trainee Program Summary:
Here's your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization firsthand. The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2021-2022 True Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. The program dates are September 2021-May 2022.
The program assists in building the company's pipeline, strengthens our brand in the community, and provides a screening process for future hires. In respective departments, the program provides trainee's the opportunities to make valuable contributions to the organization.
A quick summary about the Corporate Partnerships Trainee role:
The role will report to the Director, Partnership & Community Activation, but support Activation, Sales, and Partnership Development. He/she will support the Corporate Partnerships (CP) department across many areas that interact with multiple departments across the organization, with a heightened focus of providing support and best-in-class service in the execution of all partner relationships as well as supporting partnership sales and development efforts across the Hawks, Skyhawks, and Hawks Talon GC business units.
What the Corporate Partnerships Trainee will be responsible for:
• Act in a general support role to all Activation managers in their day-to-day account management
• Research and develop league and industry best practices to help strengthen existing partnerships as well as new business
• Conduct prospecting and intelligence efforts to support outreach by the Sales team
• Assist with game and event night duties including the execution of in-game experiences/promotions and assisting with partner activations and entitlement nights
• Oversee department photography needs for all activations/events, and catalog accordingly on the department drive to maintain proof of performance for all partnership benefits
• Participate in season-long Business Case Study project
• Assist with community activations and partner player/talent appearances
• Assist in the build-out of Mid-Season, End of Season, and Special Event recaps
• Assist in managing inventory and proper upkeep of CP closet/other storage spaces
• Perform other duties as assigned
What the Corporate Partnerships Trainee needs to have:
• Post Grad (recent college graduates within 24 months of graduation).
• Academic and/or Work experiences related to one or more of the following Sports Management or Marketing, Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management, Event Management/Marketing, or Business Management/Administration. Previous sports-related corporate partnerships experience on the professional or collegiate level is a plus.
• Previous event planning, logistics, and/or event management experience preferred.
• Previous experience in brainstorming objectives, goals and opportunities related to Sales.
• Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Must be able to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information carefully and with sensitivity.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
• $15.00/hour plus overtime
• Game tickets during Hawks season (as available)
• 50% discount on Atlanta Hawks merchandise
• Medical, dental and vision coverage option
• Holiday Pay (5 major holidays)
• Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the Trainee. (Please note, this role must live and work out of the Atlanta, GA area.)
• Reliable transportation is also needed
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screenings, that may include a background check and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.