Trainee, Arena Marketing
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
True Trainee Program Summary:
Here's your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization firsthand. The Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our 2021-2022 True Trainee Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities.
The program dates are September 2021-May 2022.
A quick summary about the Arena Marketing Trainee role:
The Trainee of Arena Marketing will assist with the development, execution and tracking of marketing strategies to increase awareness of upcoming events at State Farm Arena as well as the State Farm Arena brand, and drive ticket sales through a combination of owned channels, traditional advertising, digital advertising and strategic business partnerships. This role will work in coordination with internal teams and external event promoters and reports directly to the Manager of Arena Marketing.
What the Social Media Trainee will be responsible for:
• Assist Arena Marketing Manager with the day-to-day management and promotion of non-Hawks events from the time an event is announced to the day of the event.
• Work with external event promoters to request and collect creative assets and then route to appropriate internal teams to post.
• Manage internal promo calendars for each non-Hawks events. This includes channels such as in-arena LEDs, social media, direct response/email, website and brand communications.
• Assist social team with the ideation and scheduling of social posts to help promote upcoming events and the State Farm Arena (SFA) brand, ultimately driving ticket sales and growing followers and engagement. This includes the collection of photos, videos, graphics, and/or copy as well as periodic posting to the Arena social channels.
• Assist Arena Marketing Manager with building and monitoring integrated advertising strategies for events that require a media plan.
• Partner with internal teams (i.e., Marketing, Ticket Sales, Corporate Partnerships) to find areas of opportunity for SFA Hawks co-promotion.
• Prepare marketing notes on upcoming events to share at weekly marketing and sales status meetings with Arena Programming team.
• Assist Arena Marketing Manager with the tracking of marketing expenses for each show.
• Preparing marketing and sales recaps for each event to be shared with the promoter as well as with Marketing and Arena Programming leadership.
• Serve as back-up to the Marketing Manager on duty on event days (nights and weekends). This includes assisting with VIP events and media as needed, manage radio remotes, facilitate activation requests from CP and be on call for promoter requests on day of show.
What the Arena Marketing Trainee needs to have:
• Post Grad (recent college graduates within 24 months of graduation).
• Academic and/or Work experiences related to one or more of the following in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
• Passion for live entertainment, events and pop culture
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphic design software.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
What we offer you:
Compensation and Benefits:
• $15.00/hour plus overtime
• Game tickets during Hawks season (as available)
• 50% discount on Atlanta Hawks merchandise
• Medical, dental and vision coverage option
• Holiday Pay (5 major holidays)
• Relocation and housing expenses are the responsibility of the Trainee. (Please note, this role must live and work out of the Atlanta, GA area.)
• Reliable transportation is also needed
If this opportunity is a job you're passionate about and it fits with your skills and experience, then we welcome you to take the next step and apply!
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of our pre-employment screenings, that may include a background check and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.