Guest Experience Captain
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
Part Time Job
Guest Experience Captain (Part-Time)
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The role of a Captain is to act as support for our Guest Experience Supervisor (Coach) in his/her/their respected neighborhood by providing an unforgettable experience for guests. This is done through personal interactions and, coaching and leading our SmileMaker's to create a fun, exciting and energetic working environment during all State Farm Arena events. This is a part-time, hourly position, with predominantly evening hours.
• Works directly with the Guest Experience Leadership team to perform day of event duties. Including but not limited to Smile Maker placements, equipment setups, safety checks, guest recoveries, etc.
• Respond to elevated staff/ guest inquires and/or concerns regarding, game and show amenities.
• Serves as the escalation point to correct guest concerns and complaints regarding customer service-related situations.
• Maintain line of sight control by circulating through work areas and reporting any issues encountered to Coach and/or Manager on Duty
• Embrace, teach and be a Role Model of the principles of our S.M.I.L.E (Southern Hospitality, Make a Moment, Individuals Matter, Listen & Learn, Empowerment) Culture.
• Coaches and provides continuous and constructive feedback and empowers Smile Makers, with the aim to create opportunities for Smile Maker's to develop.
• Lead from the front in all areas of customer satisfaction led initiatives including but not limited to, 'SMILE-in-motion' and 'Make-a-Moment'.
• Responsible for completing incident reports and collecting witness statements.
• Oversee resolution of ticketing issues, including but not limited to, seat relocation, mobile ticket disputes, and access control hardware.
• Compliance to all company policies and procedures
• Communicate to Coach and/or Manager on Duty any issues that guests or team members may have.
• Other duties as assigned by the management team.
What this person will bring
• A fun, upbeat personality, who is not afraid to be the life of the party.
• Skills in guest relations/staff relations
• Prioritization of duties and effective communication skills
• Demonstrates confidence and ability to handle multiple tasks/issues at one time effectively, with an upbeat attitude
• Ability to read guests and anticipate their needs
• Turn potential negative situations into positive one's
• Working environment is fast paced, often loud.
• Must be able to lift or move up to 40 lbs.
• Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet.
• Associates degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience training, leading and/or coaching staff.
• Proven ability to form strong working relationships with those you lead and key partners.
• Experience working in the sports & entertainment, hospitality or retail industry preferred.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holiday.
• Must be able to report to work evening shifts during weekday events.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Proficiency with technology to create and submit incident reports, guest feedback, facility requests, etc.
-Hourly wage starts at $18/hr.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.