Coordinator, People & Culture
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2021 7:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Coordinator, People & Culture jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Coordinator, People & Culture postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, People & Culture?
Full Time Job
Who are we:
At the Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena, our team is changing the game when it comes to creating a memorable fan experience. As an organization, we rock a bold attitude that focuses on teamwork, authenticity, & innovation. The fans are our passion, and their positive experiences are what propel us to create a world class sports & live entertainment environment. We recognize that to create a great experience for our fans, it starts with creating a great culture for our employees. We work hard and run fast, yet we take the time to appreciate the details in the work we do and celebrate our successes. At the end of the day, we are a sports & live entertainment group that strives to do things a little differently and do them well. It also doesn't hurt that we hold the keys to a brand-new world-class arena (State Farm Arena), an amazing brand, an exciting basketball organization and a wide variety of live events.
Who are you:
You have a passion for people and ensuring they have a world-class employee experience is your mission. You display good common sense, judgment – knowing when issues need to be raised. You effectively prioritize and thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness. You are highly organized, have an exceptional attention to detail, and enjoy being customer focused, this is the opportunity for you.
Success Traits and Principles:
• Humble: We earn trust through giving it and building it. We treat each other with respect and are consistent in our approaches regardless of position, role or title.
• Do the Right Thing: We always do what is right for our people and organization even when it's the unpopular decision.
• Results Oriented: We detail a plan, execute the plan, and measure for success.
• Innovative: We are always looking for ways to be better and add value to our business.
• Nimble: We take risks, learn from our mistakes and apply lessons along the way.
• Collaborative: We take the right people on the journey with us.
What you will do:
The Coordinator, People & Culture will play a key role throughout our True to You employee experience as we Welcome, Grow, Involve, and Celebrate our team members.
• This primary responsibility of this role is to provide people focused administrative support to the People & Culture department.
• Coordinate the complete on-boarding activities for new team members from the offer acceptances to game day orientation- provide new hires with information and support, and ensuring managers are leveraging on-boarding practices and tools.
• Partner closely with HR Team to coordinate people programs and day-to-day HR administration.
• Assists with recruitment efforts by posting internal and external job postings, sourcing/evaluating resumes, managing employee/executive referrals, scheduling interviews, etc.
• Monitors HR mailboxes and responds to messages or sends to appropriate party in a timely manner.
• Provide program support for planning cycles and events, including training and development, performance management, engagement and recognition.
• Complete background checks, employment verifications, unemployment claims and ad hoc reports, as needed.
• Maintain people data across HR systems applying the highest level of confidentiality regarding employee and candidate records.
• Ensure necessary documentation is stored in electronic employee files.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant HR experience is required. Examples of relevant HR experience: HR Assistant, HR Coordinator, HR Service Center Representative, HR Intern, Benefits or Payroll Assistant/Coordinator. Only candidates with HR experience will be considered.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or relevant field preferred
• Workday or any other HRIS system experience desirable
• Experience with on-boarding and off-boarding new employees
• Ability to operate in fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
• Prior demonstrated work experience handling confidential and sensitive data as part of job responsibilities required.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) skills, presentation skills and customer service skills required.
• Previous professional interaction with all levels of an organization and with external contacts.
• Must be able to prioritize and coordinate multiple daily tasks and work within tight deadlines
• Must have extremely strong organization skills, attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.