Coordinator, Event Operations
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 10/6/2021 4:21:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Coordinator, Event Operations jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Coordinator, Event Operations postings
Full Time Job
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – host and entertain fans during a basketball game or special event. We've been closely monitoring the impact of the pandemic on our communities and team members. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are implementing a mandatory vaccine requirement for current full time and part time team members, as well as all newly hired employees. Learn more here.
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
Do you want to be a part of the most dynamic and diverse entertainment venue in Atlanta? If so, the Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena team is for you! We are committed to growing our family with genuine and fun people to host the best events downtown. No matter your experience, you will grow as a professional, be a part of the action, and make lasting memories for everyone.
• Coordinates, monitors, and supervises planning and execution of all arena events as assigned. Works closely with event operations team
• Oversees event operational matters for NBA team games, WNBA team games, various third-party team events, touring concerts, family shows, religious shows, seminars, sporting events, and any other type of activity scheduled for the venue.
• Creates facility maps using AutoCAD for events large and small.
• Develops and builds shows from production notes and other forms of communication.
• Works with Box Office on house scaling, production kills and show builds.
• Serves as a direct communication link with teams, promoters, or other involved representatives in event planning and execution.
• Ensures facility readiness and client satisfaction while maintaining the arena's best interests and facility policies.
• Approves event set-ups & associated logistics in the event booking program.
• Coordinates and conducts site surveys for future events and attends event-related meetings.
• Manages relationships between the Arena and third-party sports teams, clients, promoters, partners, etc. both verbally & in writing.
• Conducts physical inspection of all areas of the arena to ensure correct setup and patron safety.
• Interacts, as needed with customers, clients partners, Customer Service, or other operating departments, to problem solve and resolving stressful conflicts in a time-critical manner.
• Acts as ''Manager on Duty'' on dark day events as assigned when an event manager is not present.
• Compose & disseminate event outlines and notices consisting of all show set up needs including venue access, parking, event security, housekeeping, and food/beverage needs, and show run times.
• Ability to deal with and manage eccentric/challenging personalities.
• Assembles show costs for billing and settlement.
• Schedules rigging and labor for show load in and break down.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
• Two years of experience in event management. Arena experience is preferred.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and attention to client satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and AutoCAD.
• Must have a working knowledge of all building setup abilities, limits, and components utilized for each.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must possess the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes long and odd hours as necessary to support the event business.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40lbs, working in extreme weather conditions both hot & cold, standing on feet for long periods of time, and at times working in a loud environment.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, or added job functions, etc. may be added or changed to this document on as needed basis in order to meet organizational requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.