Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
Are you a college student hoping to one day work in the sports industry? Do you love the NBA? Are you active around campus and know of all the hot-spots where students hang out? If you answered 'yes' to any of the above questions, then you're just the person we're looking for! The Atlanta Hawks are seeking current local college students to serve as brand ambassadors on campus and at grassroots marketing events around their community. The Atlanta Hawks College Ambassadors will be responsible for driving and shaping the Hawks' image on campus by promoting upcoming games, events, and special offers to the student population. The goal of a Hawks brand ambassador is to excite students in new and unique ways while increasing ticket sales on a collegiate level. Apply now to be a part of the '21-'22 class of Hawks College Ambassadors and jump start your career in sports!
• Work with Hawks front office staff to develop ways to integrate the Hawks brand into big events and happenings taking place on your campus.
• Identify and build relationships with key student groups on campus that would be interested in bringing their groups to Hawks games.
• Represent the Hawks brand on campus at all times, consistently acting professionally and being courteous to fellow students, campus administrators, and local community leaders.
• Become a credible brand expert: know our team and our product offerings.
• Work with Hawks Groups/Membership Consultants to identify new or untapped advertising and sales opportunities on and around campus.
• Promote the Hawks on campus by wearing team-issued apparel and using provided marketing collateral to spread the word and create buzz around special events and promotions.
• Build brand awareness via social network sharing of relevant Atlanta Hawks content
• Create weekly reports to send to Hawks front office staff. Reports may include: providing a summary of your communication with sales/advertising prospects, event/promotion recaps, general market analysis for your campus, timesheets, and suggestions for future Hawks-related sales and marketing opportunities on campus.
• Must be currently enrolled in a college or university that is located within a 100 mile radius of Atlanta.
• Business (sales, marketing, sport management) major preferred.
• Must have access to reliable communication (phone and email).
• Must have reliable transportation during the school year to attend meetings at Hawks offices in downtown Atlanta.
• Passion for sports and knowledge of the Hawks and NBA preferred.
• Previous business/leadership experience preferred. This may include prior work in event marketing/promotions, previous brand ambassador experience, or involvement on-campus in a student group or Greek life.
• Ability to work an average of 5 hours per week, plus attend various events (as needed) both on-campus and in Atlanta.
• Able to work both independently and in a team environment. Majority of your time will be spent on campus, but collaboration and knowledge sharing with other Hawks brand ambassadors will be key to the success of the program.
• Self-motivated and well-organized. Must be able to handle multiple projects/tasks at the same time without daily and direct supervision.
• Campus expert- knowledgeable about your campus, its hot spots, and behind the scenes activities taking place.
• Social chameleon- have the ability to work and interact with a variety of groups and organizations on campus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Frequent user of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.