Basketball Programs Specialist
Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 3/25/2021 6:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Basketball Programs Specialist jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Basketball Programs Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Basketball Programs Specialist? Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
As a Specialist for Basketball Programs, you will be primarily responsible for web content management of the (4) Community Basketball Program websites. You will serve as one of the lead coaches, instructors, and talent for the Hawks Basketball Academy (HBA) and Community Basketball Programs (CBP). You will provide operational support (event operations, load-ins, load-outs, facility set-ups, etc.) for the Hawks Basketball Academy programs and events including, but not limited to, Jr. Hawks Summer Camps, Jr. Hawks Game Day Clinics, Coach Education Programs, Basketball Tournaments, Hawks at Home LIVE, Jr NBA and NBA Cares events, Hawks Foundation activations, Lady Ballers events, Corporate Partner activations, Hawks Member events, Fan Experiences and School Programs. In this role you will play an integral role in helping grow and inspire a love for the game by providing a fun, safe and positive experience for young athletes throughout the state of Georgia. You will assist with Hawks Basketball Academy marketing and advertisement plans, work with digital and creative team to maintain and create new assets as it pertains to signage and oversee operational management of Hawks Basketball Academy apparel and equipment.
• Serve as lead talent, coach, instructor and personality for Hawks Basketball Academy, Community Basketball Programs, and Hawks at Home Virtual Programs
• Operational support for any and all events, such as HBA, CBP, Summer Camps, school events etc. with vehicle reservations, load-ins/outs, facility set-up, clean-ups, etc.
• Primary for web content management of (4) Community Basketball Program websites.
• Monitor the Community Basketball Programs email account and responsible for timely, customer service related to client, partner and vendor communication
• Capture, develop and coordinate distribution of community basketball programs media content to be shared via the Hawks Basketball Academy webpage, Hawks.com and Hawks social media channels
• Draft recaps of HBA programs, highlighting corporate partner inclusion, community impact, participation metrics and human interest/PR storylines
• Manage inventory of equipment, apparel, consumer premiums and interactive elements at the offsite warehouse, purchase orders, prizes, and apparel
• Operational support for Hawks Talons GC and College Park Skyhawks community activations
• Assist with HBA marketing and advertisement plans through Percolate software; work with digital and creative team to maintain and create new assets as it pertains to signage, and digital campaigns. Create Formstack templates and surveys for client engagement.
• Oversee the implementation of Jr NBA programs in the Atlanta market
• Primary point of contact with GHSA State Basketball Tournament sponsorship activations
• Manage maintenance and bookings of Hawks vehicle(s) fleet maintenance.
• Development shareable content and infographics for internal and external storytelling related to community basketball programs impact and brand development
• Assist with LeagueApps registration software management related to online payment processing and database management for community basketball programs and Hawks Basketball Academy
• Schedule photo and video capture for Hawks Community Basketball Events
• Other duties that may be assigned
• Strong knowledge of basketball required
• Experience hosting events, camps, tournaments and/or managing leagues is preferred
• People management experience preferred
• Video capture and media content production experience preferred
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple daily tasks and meet deadlines
• Highly organized, with attention to detail throughout all job responsibilities, is necessary
• Experience in ticket sales, client relations, PR & Communications, corporate partner relations is preferred
• Must possess a team player attitude with the ability to collaborate and engage groups and other employees is critical
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Teams) Percolate, LeagueApps, Workday, Formstack, Zoom
• Experience with website content management (WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, etc.) or graphic design experience, and social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, LinkedIn, Vimeo, YouTube, TikTok)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and customer service skills required. MUST be comfortable and versed in public speaking
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Sports Marketing, Business or a relevant field required
• 3 - 5 years of event management and marketing experience is preferred
• 3 - 5 years of experience playing, coaching and/or management within the sport of basketball is preferred
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.