Atlanta Hawks and State Farm ArenaAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – host and entertain fans during a basketball game or special event. We've been closely monitoring the impact of the pandemic on our communities and team members. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we are implementing a mandatory vaccine requirement for current full time and part time team members, as well as all newly hired employees. Learn more here.
Who are we: A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we're looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast pace world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.
Who are you: An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you're committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you'd be shocked if guests weren't positively impacted by their interactions with you.
The Accounting Coordinator is an integral part of the Accounting Department and is responsible for providing reliable, timely, and accurate financial data in a dynamic industry and multi-entity financial environment. The responsibilities of the Accounting Coordinator will entail preparing journal entries, bank reconciliations, fixed asset accounting entries, general ledger reconciliations, and supporting the monthly, quarterly, and annual closings. This position works directly with all departments to proactively resolve issues and is a key contributor in achieving an efficient and accurate month-end close.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Complete bank reconciliations for multiple entities
• Record prepaid expenses and accruals along with maintaining the expense amortization schedule for all entities
• Prepare fixed asset accounting entries and all associated reconciliations
• Prepare accounting entries for lease revenues and lease expenses
• Assist with the monthly variance analysis of the P&L, proposing accruals and adjusting entries, where necessary.
• Act as a liaison with other departments and external parties concerning accounting information and documentation requests
• Analyze and document department processes and procedures and recommend improvements as needed
• Assist in supporting league and external audits during the external reporting cycles
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience in a professional work environment, with increasing responsibility for financial statement preparation
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team driven environment, yet be able to work independently to complete daily expectations
• Ability to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving, fast paced environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, plus drive and willingness to take ownership for tasks and responsibilities outside of areas of responsibility
• Working knowledge of internal accounting controls
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.