Winter / Spring Intern - Marketing
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
*Please disregard the notice at the top regarding internal applicants. All are welcome to apply!*
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
The person in this role will be responsible for assisting the marketing team with various projects including our annual music creator event – the ASCAP Experience. This world premier event brings 3000 people together in Los Angeles for three-days of music creation and inspiration.
The ideal candidate will not only have the privilege of seeing the build-up and production of a major high-profile event, but will also be flown to LA to attend the event in person. (Must be available to travel March 29 – April 4 2020)
We are looking for someone skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint that has a creative mind and excellent customer service abilities.
• Support the Senior Director of Marketing and Marketing Manager with the ASCAP Experience launch. This includes:
• Attending brainstorms to concept email campaigns, digital campaigns, panel building and on location events.
• Overseeing the customer service inbox
• Assisting with merchandise inventory
• Researching potential new partnerships and marketing extensions
• Talent research
• Copy writing
• Management of student outreach program
• Support day-to-day activities of the Marketing Team through Excel management and Power Point creation
• Able to work 32 hours per week minimum
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Passion for music or previous experience in the music industry/events a plus
• Ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
• Willingness to learn new programs and build your marketing abilities
• Paid travel to LA to work and attend the ASCAP Experience
• Invitations to music and company events hosted on our 20th floor loft
• Free cold brew coffee and snacks daily
• An amazing team to help you grow your marketing resume