SVP, Software Engineering & Architecture
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As our SVP of Software Engineering & Architecture, you will provide leadership and technology vision for ASCAP's engineering teams. You are passionate about building high-performance teams, mentoring engineers and optimizing the engineering delivery process and will regularly collaborate with digital product management, architecture, and various business teams to ensure orderly and efficient engineering delivery.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you'll be responsible for engineering product delivery and setting strategy for teams who are working on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications, highly-available RESTful microservices, Java based systems, data engineering, Salesforce and will oversee our complete technology landscape.
• Build and lead Agile teams focused on software engineering, data engineering, and enterprise architecture.
• Drive cloud migration strategy, planning and delivery and ensure all workloads are run as securely and efficiently as possible
• Provide continuous career path development for those on your engineering teams, including directors, managers, and engineers, making certain that high-level vision and strategy is established while ensuring that the day-to-day needs of each team are met.
• Continuously update the team structure based on evolving needs of the business.
• Forecasting, budgeting and planning infrastructure and headcount.
• Maintain strong relationships with peer functions: digital product management, program management, architecture, product operations, customer success and licensing.
• Partner with talent acquisition and actively engage in the hiring process to recruit and develop top engineering talent.
• Design and continuously improve our engineering delivery process.
• Ensure effective allocation of engineering resources.
• Effectively communicate the state of the delivery pipeline to all parties.
• Identify constraints, whether they be skills or resource based.
• node.js, Java, GO, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, Perl, SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Vertica, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, AWS (EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, S3, Glacier, RedShift, AppStream)
• 15 years of experience building enterprise or carrier products.
• Experience in DevOps, DevSecOps, with a proven track record of leading multiple teams to transform the efforts of an engineering organization.
• Experience with AWS Products and service such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, S3, Glacier, RedShift, AppStream and all other management and developer categories.
• Expert in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform: ideally Jira or another similar agile system of record like Rally or Version One.
• 10 years of experience managing and leading medium-to-large engineering teams.
• Passion for designing teams and developing people, coupled with excellent conflict management and resolution skills.
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience. Master's Degree in a related field (e.g. Computer Science) desirable.
• AWS, Azure, GCP certifications desirable, CSM, CSPO, CSD or equivalent Agile certifications also desirable.
What We Love About You
• You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
• You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn't right, you say something.
• You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
• You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
• You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
• You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!